For packages sold by piece count and weight, all Yamato weighers use optional Counting Software to select a combination that is both the correct count, and at the same time, the lowest acceptable weight.
- Counting Software tracks average piece weight trends and makes internal calculation changes to optimize accuracy and efficiency.
- On standard Yamato weighers, package over-counts can be discharged through a Reject Collection Bucket to eliminate gross over-counts which can waste packaging material.
- For low piece count applications, which are typically extremely difficult to run efficiently on combination weighers, our special Yamato SVR reject weighers have the capability to reject over-counts at the weigh bucket which significantly increases speed (up to 180 wpm), accuracy, and efficiency.
- Our SVR reject weighers can be equipped with a Reject Recirculation System (patent pending). This system takes the discharged over-count product from the weigh bucket, deposits it on a recirculating conveyor, where it can then be placed back into the original product flow.
- Common applications include cookies, candy bars, chocolates, cheese sticks, coffee creamers, poultry and seafood pieces, and other food products, as well as non-food items such as EKG pads, hardware, etc.
- Counting applications must be reviewed for acceptable average piece weight, standard deviation, and piece weight-to-target weight statistics.
Yamato’s patented Reject/Recirculation System solves that problem by rejecting over-counts at the weigh bucket without skipping a packaging cycle. The result? Faster speeds, better count accuracies, and higher efficiency.